Thursday, March 13, 2008

What's Your Story?

Hello, to the three or four people who have probably ever read this, and who have, by now, given up waiting for an update. I'm going to try to carve some time out of this busy week/weekend to give you some more to read, but first I'm giving you a chance to prime the pump.

Thoreau said that most men lead lives of quiet desperation. I don't think that's necessarily true. I'm loathe to admit it, but even if it's true, I put more stock in what Hollywood hack Richard Curtis said about the story most people live out: that everyone you see is playing some role in living out a love story. Maybe it's the gospel influence that makes me see love as more intrinsic to the human heart than desperation, even if desperation is the appropriate response to the condition in which we find ourselves.

Anyway, what's your story? I know, the topic is lame and a month late, but I'm desperately trying to avoid doing real work. Give me a few things to read, and I'll come back with stories about Ninja Nuns and how F. Scott Fitzgerald led me to Jesus.

No comments: